It used to be that eating gluten-free meant forgoing breads, cupcakes, cookies and other decadent desserts. Not so anymore! Thanks to a wave of inventive gluten-free bakeries cooking up flourless desserts and baked goods just as indulgent as their traditional counterparts, gluten-free eaters have plenty of ways to satisfy a sweet tooth.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Gluten-Free Bakery are as follows:
- Twist Bakery & Cafe – Millis, Mass.
- Sweet Cake Bake Shop – Salt Lake City
- Sweet Ali’s Gluten Free Bakery – Hinsdale, Ill.
- Gluten Free Gem – Portland, Ore.
- Cherbourg Bakery – Bexley, Ohio
- Lilac Patisserie – Santa Barbara
- Molly’s Gluten-Free Bakery – Pewaukee, Wis.
- The Happy Tart – Alexandria, Va.
- Dedicated – Tucson
- Gluten Free Cutie – Roswell, Ga.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Kim Koeller (Gluten & Allergy Free Passport) and Erin Smith (Gluten-Free Globetrotter) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the country’s gluten-free food scene.
Congratulations to all these winning bakeries!